Please note: All images on this blog (except where noted) are original works of Miki Baxter and cannot be duplicated without permission. Also, if you're inspired by a project featured on here, then please link back to me and give proper credit. Thank you!!!

6.13.2009

Day Four: Up Close & Personal

I was thinking earlier today that the reasons we do what we do can be kind of hard to figure out sometimes. For example, I made a huge lifestyle change three months ago that has remained in place. I have fully committed to a new way of eating and exercising regularly, and it has affected most areas of my life in a positive way. Why was I successful with that change and not with sleeping by 10:00 pm.?
l
Perhaps the answer lies in the words written above...fully committed. Am I fully committed to going to sleep? I thought I was. I know I need to do it. I want to do it...but I still enjoy the quietness of being alone at night. I need to make the mornings more enjoyable and the evenings less so. Good answer. Taking a closer look at the why and brainstorming the how helps with coming up with solutions.
l
Are you willing to take a closer look at what's going on with the choices in your life, and then taking small steps of a workable solution to success? This really is about the journey, not just the destination. I consider it a success to realize these things about myself and working with what is in order to get to what will be. Kind of philosophical this evening, but it is all about the journey. Peace out.

No comments: