Please note: All images on this blog (except where noted) are original works of Miki Baxter and cannot be duplicated without permission. Also, if you're inspired by a project featured on here, then please link back to me and give proper credit. Thank you!!!

6.11.2009

Day Two: Slow & Steady Wins The Race

Shocking: I did not meet my goal of getting to bed by 10:00 pm. last night. I took a nap in the afternoon with my youngest and could not fall asleep, so I folded laundry instead. I did get to bed by 11:30 pm., woke up earlier than I have been, and got to the gym this morning.
www.freeturtlepictures.com In the familiar story of the race between the Tortoise and the Rabbit, the over-confident Rabbit speeds far ahead of the slow moving Tortoise, then takes a leisurely nap before completing the race because he knows the Turtle could never outrun him. But the Tortoise diligently plods his way, giving his all despite the odds. And the Tortoise manages to cross the finish line first, though the Rabbit wakes up, sees the Tortoise's progress and gives it his best effort to take back the lead.
By virtue of personality, I have been the Rabbit in many areas of my life, zipping along with many things that came easy to me. As I've gotten older and gained more wisdom with experience, I choose to be more and more like the Tortoise - slow and steady in reaching my goals, no matter what anyone else thinks.
Yes, I failed to reach my goal on the very first day!!! Does that stop me or slow my already slow progress? Not at all! The goal is still a good one to move towards, and there are 29 more days to achieve better sleeping habits. Carry on, fellow habit changers! We will see a difference in our lives!

No comments: