Please note: All images on this blog (except where noted) are original works of Miki Baxter and cannot be duplicated without permission. Also, if you're inspired by a project featured on here, then please link back to me and give proper credit. Thank you!!!

6.26.2009

Days Fifteen - Seventeen: "Oh dear! Oh dear! I shall be late!"

Said the March Hare in "Alice In The Wonderland."
Dare I say that I have been having the most fun NOT meeting my goal of getting to bed by 10:00 pm. in this 30 Day Challenge? Well, it's true. I really thought tonight would be the night, but alas, a fascinating book, work on my new website and a desire to confess the absolutely delightful time I am having of not meeting this challenge have all conspired with me to once again fail. I don't normally take failure lightly - but I have actually learned many things about myself, my choices and my life during the last two weeks of this challenge. And I like myself and what I've discovered, so this time has been valuable. As a formerly ultra-rigid person, I am enjoying the experience of being more laidback and going with the flow. Somewhat. My black and white persona is welcoming in more shades of gray, actually seeing some silver sparkling on the underside of flexibility. It's all good.
My reasons for wanting to get to bed earlier are to get to the gym early in the morning before the family wakes up and to have morning tea parties with my girl, who is an early riser. We are going to start a Mother-Daughter Tea Party devotional together, so I press on to transform myself to more of a morning person. With God's help. And with more of a serious effort, trying not to have too much fun in the evenings (smile).

No comments: