Please note: All images on this blog (except where noted) are original works of Miki Baxter and cannot be duplicated without permission. Also, if you're inspired by a project featured on here, then please link back to me and give proper credit. Thank you!!!

1.25.2010

Friend Making Monday

Outside my window...the howling wind and rain make me feel cozy and safe under my blankets.
I am thinking....about my daughter's birthday today and all of our plans to celebrate her. I am thankful...for shelter, peace, a loving family and God's hand to hold throughout all of the recent changes and challenges. I am praying...for my loved ones to heal, about all of the details re: our upcoming move to Colorado. I am reading...an awesome book by Peter Walsh, clutter guru, "Does This Clutter Make My Butt Look Fat?" Saw him on TV and appreciate his common sense, direct approach to making room to have the life you want. Checked out several of his books at the library; I'm not a pack-rat but am dealing with lot of other types of clutter in my life. I am creating...a lovely home even in the midst of a temporary place and uncertainty. And earlier I made my daughter the prettiest gift - a purse covered with white flower petals with a ribbon and vintage brooch as part of the trim. Petals + hot glue + Dollar Store purse = an original and lovely bag! From the kitchen...homemade butterfly sugar cookies with a simple frosting colored pink with frozen rasberries. Around the house...there are stacks of boxes, some laundry left to be folded and put away, gifts hidden behind a chair, toys enjoying lots of use, dishes in the sink, and a painted jewelry box drying. I'm giving my sweet girl my jewelry box from childhood and painted it white to update it for her. One of my favorite things...is reading, and I devoured quite a few books this weekend. My favorite mystery author had two new books out. Though they were each close to 500 pages, I finished them both without totally neglecting my family. I did neglect good sleep though. A few plans for the rest of the week...birthday celebration, sorting through things to give away, more packing, looking for a place in Colorado, lots of praying 'cause there's a lot going on right now. Join in on Friend Making Monday - it's a neat way to meet and get to know new friends. C'mon. Answer the questions and post your link. Cross on over to the BLOG side. (smile.) I DID mention lack of sleep up there in my answers, right? Allright. Goodnight.

14 comments:

Meghan said...

I like Peter Walsh too.

Sandy said...

I love to read too, but I just don't get much time to do it!

Have a great day!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday to your daughter, I need to check out that book!

deecable987 said...

I love Peter Walsh he is an interesting person. Happy Birthday to your daughter and I hope she had a wonderful day....HAPPY FMM!!

shortmama said...

Happy Birthday to your daughter! Happy FMM!

Rhonda said...

Happy FMM! I really like Peter Walsh too. I would love for him to come to my home and declutter!

Happy b-day to your daughter.

Sara said...

I love Peter Walsh and really need to read that book
Happy FMM

Amber Filkins said...

Hi there! Happy to meet you!

I'll be praying for your family & your upcoming move too.

Happy birthday to your daughter!

And props to you for being such a book worm. Your weekend reading beat my yearly reading. :/ I used to be a voracious reader. I needa get back on that.

Happy Monday! Hope your weather is better this morning!

Angela Tolsma said...

good luck on your move.

The birthday present sounds wonderful!

Happy FMM!

Too Tired Tesa said...

Happy Birthday to your daughter. I hope she has a great day.

Happy FMM!

Beth P. said...

Happy Birthday to your little girl! And good luck with a move to CO! I'd love to live there someday!

Heather said...

homemade butterfly sugar cookies with a simple frosting colored pink with frozen rasberries, please pack them all up and ship them to my house!

Happy Birthday to your daughter!!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday to you sweet girl! Those cookies sound so yummy. I love to read too and have been known to deprive myself from sleep to finish one too.

Happy Friend Makin' Monday!

Sara said...

Happy Birthday to your daughter