Please note: All images on this blog (except where noted) are original works of Miki Baxter and cannot be duplicated without permission. Also, if you're inspired by a project featured on here, then please link back to me and give proper credit. Thank you!!!

12.28.2009

Friend Making Monday: New Year's Resolution


The question for today's Friend Making Monday is,
"What are your New Year's resolutions?"

Hmm.  I normally don't make them, but over the last several weeks there have been a few areas the Lord has been challenging me to address and change.  So I will!

1.  No TV.  A few years ago, I'd cut this out after being convicted about it, but TV watching started creeping in more and more.  I know that I'll have so much more time to do more meaningful activities, and 2010 should be full of creative opportunities!

2.  No Sugar.  Last March, I embarked on a healing/cleansing plan that was so energy-giving.  I felt great, looked great and... the "just one won't hurt" excuse totally side-swiped me!  Even during the holidays, I've seen the effect that too many sweets can have on the family, and it's just not worth it to me.  I want us all to get back to enjoying fresh fruits and vegetables more, not associating celebrations with sugary things, and enjoying even stronger immune systems.

3.  Yes Exercise, Yes Healthy Living, Yes Organic Foods, YES to making the year leading up to my 40th birthday fabulous.  I have looked forward to turning 40 for as long as I can remember.  In March I will be 39, and my plan is to make the necessary changes this year in order to be all that I've always wanted to be at 40.  I see myself as a trim and fit forty, with a big smile, lots of energy, and a strong sense of being the person God's created me to be, on the path to greater understanding and fulfillment of God's plan & purpose for my life.

Though I exercise, it isn't as much a regular part of my life or my family life as I'd like it to be.  This is the year we will be a bicycling, walk-taking, outdoor fresh air breathing family.  We eat mostly organic foods and practice healthy living, but I want us to take it to the next level  - for us to ooze health and wholeness and simple living.

These are my goals for 2010.  What's on the agenda for you???

8 comments:

Angela Tolsma said...

Happy FMM!! fabulous goals! what did you do for the healing/cleansing plan?

Linda Crabtree said...

Yours sound good. I'll just "ditto" them! Bless you and yours in the New Year, sweet one.---Linda

Sugarplum Creations Blog said...

Sounds so great! I really need to cut out sugar. It puts me in a bad mood, makes me tired, and I know is a contributor to my headaches. Why do I continue to snack on sweets? Why???

Happy Mom! said...

Love your goals! When we had kids we started eating more fruits and veggies, makes a big difference!
Happy New Year!!

Ashley said...

Such a great list! I love days when no tv is involved! I know tons of people who don't do tv, and the time they have is just wonderful!
I tried giving up sugar, and as soon as I said it I'm almost certain that I consumed more sugar than ever! Gah! I don't know why I find it so difficult! About 3 years ago I gave up soft drinks and juices, and that was actually simple to me, but to turn down a bowl of ice cream is just, well it's just difficult! haha..

I hope you and your family succeed in all these goals for the new year (& all after that! & I can't believe you're going to be 39! Just no way!)

Unknown said...

What a great list! I am going to try and cut out sugar in my diet as well. Hope you have a Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

Hey Miki,
This site is so lovely...I also would like to committ to healthier food chices too...sugar is so bad for me too and I have to make a prayerful decision to also avoid sugar...it bad for me physically, emotionally and spiritually...so I understand the struggle...x
Shelly from ECAG
ps. i also try to do the oraginc thing too! so it's great to hear another sister in Christ feels the same!!! :)

Laine said...

L♥VE your resolutions!! Happy FMM!!! If fact I like your blog thus far I will be adding you to my que of blogs to read! =D
Happy New Year's!