Please note: All images on this blog (except where noted) are original works of Miki Baxter and cannot be duplicated without permission. Also, if you're inspired by a project featured on here, then please link back to me and give proper credit. Thank you!!!

10.22.2009

Thankful.

Last night I read an article about the difference a grateful attitude makes, and I realized that I have not been focusing on the things I appreciate in my life.  Nope.  Too often, the ‘woe is me’ fog settles over me, blocking my vision of everything else but the immediate problem or circumstance.  Fog can be romantic when viewed from a distance and from an advantageous height, but it can be debilitating when you are caught in the midst of it.6821So I choose to ascend the ladder of gratitude by focusing on what I am thankful for: 

Sweet Butterfly, my firstborn, my treasure, gifted in so many ways, the motherhood adventure started with you                             7440QB, my hero with a tender heart, always concerned for others, especially your sister & brother   7483This Little Man with such a big personality has us all wrapped around his finger (shh, don’t tell him!), so affectionate & delightful                 7378 This plant has the simple posture of praise, reaching towards the One Who created it, basking in His Light.                                       5857I cannot forget the One Who brought me out of the prison of Darkness.  Sorrow. Torment. Hopelessness. Into the light of Freedom.  Peace. Joy.  Hope. Lots of Hope.   6981Even when darkness looms and the clouds threaten to obscure the light, His Light pierces through, penetrates the darkness.7036And the amazing thing is, when it grows darker, the Light becomes more visible

When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life."           John 8:12

For God, who said, "Let light shine out of darkness,” made his light shine in our hearts to give us the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Christ.                  2 Corinthians 4:6                                          4591

May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart
       be pleasing in your sight,
       O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer.  Psalm 19:14

No comments: