Please note: All images on this blog (except where noted) are original works of Miki Baxter and cannot be duplicated without permission. Also, if you're inspired by a project featured on here, then please link back to me and give proper credit. Thank you!!!

8.12.2009

Come Alive...Be Beautiful

Two quotes that have put a little pep in my not-so-peppy self tonight from Nesting Place: Right at the top of her blog, the declaration that "it doesn't have to be perfect to be beautiful." And further down she references this brilliant gem: "Don't ask yourself what the world needs. Ask yourself what makes you come alive, and then go do that. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive." - Howard Thurman Oh, thank God for these inspirational lifelines! This has been a season of emotional turmoil. Words fail me now, so instead I'll share a special picture from a recent getaway with dear friends. We sensed the presence of God as we watched the sun going down over the water, and I was thrilled at the opportunity to catch the breathtaking beauty of everything around me. Can you see the rainbow effect and the bird flying right past the sun? Though I did see the bird through my lens, only God could bring all of these elements together. None of my other photos had the rainbow flare. The rainbow, a reminder of God's promises. The bird, representing the Holy Spirit. More later.

No comments: