Please note: All images on this blog (except where noted) are original works of Miki Baxter and cannot be duplicated without permission. Also, if you're inspired by a project featured on here, then please link back to me and give proper credit. Thank you!!!

8.14.2009

Photo Friday: It's Been Twenty Years

My senior high school portrait. Class of 1989. The serious expression tells it all.
An uncertain future, not knowing at all what I wanted to be "when I grew up." The first ten years after high school were filled with slow discoveries. After several years of finding out a lot of what I didn't want to do or be, I found a deeper purpose after Bible school and an exploratory trip to Kenya and Ethiopia in 1996. I returned to Ethiopia to work with an aid organization and thought I'd be there forever. God had even bigger plans for me, and I got married in 1999 to my best friend, Sean, who is a visionary and a filmmaker. Three children and tons of adventures later, including moving a handful of times, we are getting ready to celebrate our 10th anniversary in a few months. And the next decade presents itself, full of potential, promises and lots more adventure. These are some of dreams/desires/goals for the next ten years - ages 38 to 48:
  • Go to Paris (on the calendar for April 2010!!!)
  • Get my Master's Degree (I finally know what I want to do when I grow up...I think)
  • Create both a photography and film documentary
  • Write a book

There are a bunch more but they are personal, ones I hold closer to my heart. In ten years' time, my oldest will be out of high school. Wow. This next decade will be full with mentoring the kids and preparing them to fulfill their own dreams. It's going to be a busy time - I need to put on my running shoes, pop some vitamins regularly and whip out the wrinkle cream. Gotta keep up, there's a lot to do out there!

No comments: