Please note: All images on this blog (except where noted) are original works of Miki Baxter and cannot be duplicated without permission. Also, if you're inspired by a project featured on here, then please link back to me and give proper credit. Thank you!!!

8.24.2009

The Storms of Life

We got some disheartening news today. I was strong for about two minutes before I dissolved into tears, crumbling inside and out. Pain, disappointments, frustrations, etc. don't take vacations in this life. They're all around.
BUT there's One that is even more present, "an ever-present help in time of trouble." Do you know that song? "Therefore I will not fear, though the earth be removed and though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea." It's also Psalm 46:1-2. I need to dig deeper and encourage myself in the Word:
In the Amplified Bible, it says, "...a well-proved help in trouble." Hasn't God always seen me through? Yes, He has.
The Message Bible puts it this way: "God is a safe place to hide, ready to help when we need Him." I need Your Help, God. Seriously, help!!!
From the Darby Transaltion: "...a help in distresses, readily found." I am distressed, recovering from the overwhelming feeling of devastation when we first heard the news. I belive this peace that holds me up right now is from You, Lord. Please go beyond the peace to bring guidance and directions. Show us what You want us to do. Open our eyes to see You clearly in this, our ears to hear You, and most of all our hearts to stay full of You and Your Word. No roots of bitterness, distrust or our faith faltering.
This is hard. I thought I'd faced hard, but this season has pushed the boundaries on that notion. I've learned a lot too, through this. That's for another post.

A few years ago, when we were going through a difficult time, we decided to have a party one night. A family party to celebrate the FACT that God is faithful, His Word is true, and that we believed His promises. Our circumstances weren't the final say-so. God's Word was. So tonight, we are having another family party. For the same reason. We don't know exactly what is going to happen. God does. And He loves us. Our future is in His hands. Tonight we will worship God, dance and celebrate before Him as an act of faith. He's got us.

No comments: