Please note: All images on this blog (except where noted) are original works of Miki Baxter and cannot be duplicated without permission. Also, if you're inspired by a project featured on here, then please link back to me and give proper credit. Thank you!!!

1.18.2009

From The Simple Woman's Daybook

A wonderful idea borrowed from 50s Housewife; the original link is http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/:


For today (January 18, 2009)


Outside my window... it is dark outside. Night has fallen, and it is time for dinner. 
I am thinking... of a friend who has become like as sister in a short period of time - she is fighting breast cancer. 
I am thankful for... my little family and the closeness we share. 
From the kitchen... the yummy smell of lemon bars as they are cooling. 
I am wearing... a teal shirt with a black dress and track pants - comfy. 
I am creating... memories with my family as we rally our teams during the play-offs. Even a non-football fan like my daughter is drawn to the excitement and fun as the rest of us scream and shout at the TV. 
I am going... to meet my goals for this year, especially the ones involving taking better care of myself. It is not an option but a necessity - and I will put forth the effort to do so daily. 
I am reading... magazines mainly but am desperate to get a copy of The Shack. 
I am hoping... that Sean is connected with the right job position soon and that we are able to get settled quickly. 
I am hearing... the roar of the TV crowd and excited voices celebrating the Cardinals' win - hurray for Kurt Warner, a humble, godly man. 
Around the house... there are "signs of life" everywhere as toys, books, clothes and other items have escaped their homes. It's time to start packing up the house for our short move in two weeks. 
One of my favorite things... is to soak in a hot bath with a book. So far, my favorite bathtub was the one we had in our master bedroom in Georgia, an oval garden-style tub that you could stretch out in. 
A few plans for the rest of the week... gym class for the kids tomorrow, school, hopefully a haircut for me, opportunities for exercise 

No comments: