Please note: All images on this blog (except where noted) are original works of Miki Baxter and cannot be duplicated without permission. Also, if you're inspired by a project featured on here, then please link back to me and give proper credit. Thank you!!!

12.20.2010

Party Away The Blahs

Photo courtesy of http://christmas-clip-art.net
I was feeling kinda blue. Sorta down. Envious of another's green grass.  Focused on what was wrong in my world.  I'm not normally one who tolerates a lot of self-pity but found myself wallowing in it, nevertheless.

Then I remembered something God inspired me to do a few years ago when bad news hit our family: I threw a party.  When my husband was laid off, we prayed about the situation, of course.  Then we danced.  

It was the most tangible way to express faith after we prayed.  I knew God heard our prayers.  and cared.  and would take care of us.  Even while my heart was still processing the challenges, I could outwardly rejoice by holding a celebration of Truth beyond circumstances.

Back to this morning's blahs.  After the inspiration recall, I phoned some friends to come over for a Gingerbread Decorating Party/Potluck the day after tomorrow.  We'll prepare the house tomorrow and then make loads of happy memories with our friends.  Scheduling events helps chase away the clouds, the blues and greens and any other color that tries to drag me down.

What helps you when you're feeling down?  Want to come over and decorate some Gingerbread cookies?   

2 comments:

BARBIE said...

Oh I've had a couple of blah days. I love the idea of throwing a party when bad news hits. My husbands work truck broke down this weekend, possibly for good. It's very old. If I were closer, I would take you up on decorating those Gingerbread Cookies!

Unknown said...

This is a great post! :) What a good idea to throw a party when you're feeling down.

Lauren
www.laurensthoughts.com