Please note: All images on this blog (except where noted) are original works of Miki Baxter and cannot be duplicated without permission. Also, if you're inspired by a project featured on here, then please link back to me and give proper credit. Thank you!!!

12.01.2010

My New Retreat Place

This is my new favorite place to be, 
a beautiful retreat that soothes my soul and fills me with awe of God's artistic perfection.

It's a little over 3 miles around the lake, 
and the views and terrain change.
From a paved path to gravel,
the stretch of mountains to a farm and grazing cows.
Even a little waterfall and stream!

There are inviting places to sit awhile as well as spots for a picnic,
playgrounds nestled in among exquisite homes,
 but the part that speaks most to me
is the stretch of wilderness.

It's quiet there.
And my heart is at peace.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!!

BARBIE said...

So peaceful. I would give anything to have a place like this near me to sit and reflect and be in God's presence.

Simple Home said...

It's beautiful Miki! It reminds me of the area around Big Bear Lake, up in our local mountains.
Blessings,
Marcia