Please note: All images on this blog (except where noted) are original works of Miki Baxter and cannot be duplicated without permission. Also, if you're inspired by a project featured on here, then please link back to me and give proper credit. Thank you!!!

4.05.2010

Day One: Emotional Turmoil

Today was the first day of the Get Dressed Challenge, and I failed miserably.  I had even planned an outing with my kids, knowing that it'd provoke me to get dressed.  We ended up staying home.  Getting dressed for the day, looking presentable...it's not rocket science but why is it even an issue???

Today was a difficult day for me because my mother is in the hospital almost 2000 miles away.  She's had numerous health challenges in recent months, and the doctor's report over the weekend wasn't great.  She had exploratory surgery today, and they didn't find what they suspected, which is great news.  However, there's still no clear explanation for the difficulties she's been having.  So the waiting continues...

Emotional turmoil.  Life is full of challenges and stresses to overcome - some days I triumph and sometimes I sink under the weight of it.  Today was a sinker.  I did accomplish some things but kept losing focus and energy.  I slowed my pace and lowered my expectations, being gentle with myself and with the family.  I may not have looked pretty (smile), but my family didn't suffer from additional ugliness brought on by yielding to stress/emotional upset, etc.  In that sense, I claim victory for today.

In the words of Scarlett O'Hara..."After all, tomorrow's another day..."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, honey....I understand.

Check your email.

Hugs, Marla

Carolina Girl said...

I am so sorry you are going through this! God bless you during this difficult time - may you have peace that passes all understandign!
Shellie