Please note: All images on this blog (except where noted) are original works of Miki Baxter and cannot be duplicated without permission. Also, if you're inspired by a project featured on here, then please link back to me and give proper credit. Thank you!!!

2.22.2010

My Children, Baptized

My heart overflowed with joy and lots and lots of indescribable emotion today, as my children were baptized.  Brother and sister, walking up the stage together.  Following one another in this beautiful, sacred testimony.  Their shining faces, so full of light and joy!  Precious moments, with these gifts from God. 

Be glorified, God!  I commit them into Your hands and ask that You keep them all the days of their lives.  Watch over my babies, Lord.  

From "Prayers For This Child" by Sara Groves

I do not know how I am to pray for this child.
As a mother, I don't want my baby denied.
But in the waiting, 
in the waiting
I learned.

Every instinct in me wants to shield him from pain,
take the arrows of misery, heartache, and blame.
But in the sorrow, 
in the sorrow
I learned to hold on.
 
I only have two eyes - be all seeing.
I only have two hands - be everywhere.
I do not know enough - be all knowing.
I give this baby up, into Your care.

I do not know how, how to pray for this child.
I want to guard her from everything wicked and wild.
But in the trial, 
in the trial
I learned to hold on to the heart of God.

3 comments:

BARBIE said...

I remember the day my oldest two children were baptized. Brings such joy to a mother's heart.

Anna said...

What a wonderful day! Thanks for sharing the prayer too. I'm trying to write one for my son for when he is born. Thanks for visiting my littlegreenie site and leaving a comment! I'll definitely have to look into the warming containers!

Unknown said...

OHH congrats on the imprtant event! Nothing like seeing your children coming to the Lord.