Please note: All images on this blog (except where noted) are original works of Miki Baxter and cannot be duplicated without permission. Also, if you're inspired by a project featured on here, then please link back to me and give proper credit. Thank you!!!

2.04.2010

Something That Made Me Laugh...

Today's Talkin' About Thursdays is about something that you made you laugh... As I shared in my last post, I went out of town last week to be with my parents during a family emergency. My mom was in the hospital and being carefully monitored. Of course there's nothing funny about that. Unless you have a younger sister who marches to the beat of a different drummer. Within minutes of me arriving at the hospital, my sister had us laughing with tears running down our faces. Laughing so hard made my mom gasp for air, which made us laugh even harder since she was connected to an oxygen machine. My sister's antics included pushing me around the room and almost into the hallway, contemplating a possible wheelchair race down the hallway. She wrote silly messages on the nurse's dry erase board and changed the date to August 2008. I don't think the nurses even noticed. She inflated a latex glove, drew a happy face on it and hid it behind the TV. The next time the air is turned on in the room, the "balloon" will fly out from its hiding place. Being together brought a measure of relief, comfort and strength. There were moments throughout the time in the hospital that made us feel helpless and very, very small. We couldn't always be there at the same time or make things happen. But I am eternally grateful for the One whose presence is constant and who CAN make things happen. He is the never ending source of relief, comfort and strength. He answered our prayers and sustained my mom. He brought the doctors and clarity in the midst of confusion. The Word of God is true and dependable in the midst of any challenge, crisis or trial. I can testify to this! And even in difficult moments, laughter can bring comfort and peace. "Do not grieve, for the joy of the LORD is your strength." Nehemiah 8:10 Psalm 5:11 But let all who take refuge in you be glad; let them ever sing for joy. Spread your protection over them, that those who love your name may rejoice in you. Psalm 28:7 The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and I am helped. My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to him in song. Psalm 94:19 When anxiety was great within me, your consolation brought joy to my soul.

3 comments:

Kathy C. said...

That was a great post, it made me smile and it made my heart smile with the scriptures you added. :)
Thank you!

Genny said...

I want to meet your sister! I loved, loved, loved this post. And I love how your family found joy in the middle of a really tough time!

Thanks for the beautiful example. I'm really glad you joined in today!

Genny

Anonymous said...

I hope your mom is doing much better now. I just love the family photo of you and your beautiful family.

What a sweet blog you have. I'm signing on to follow and keep up with your posts.

Hugs, Marla