Please note: All images on this blog (except where noted) are original works of Miki Baxter and cannot be duplicated without permission. Also, if you're inspired by a project featured on here, then please link back to me and give proper credit. Thank you!!!

3.17.2009

You Are What You Eat

In thinking through the detox period and specific food allowances for the next phase, the phrase "you are what you eat" kept coming to me. How many times have I heard that and dismissed it? Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know I shouldn't eat this but... I'll eat better tomorrow. One won't hurt. Blah, blah, blah. We fool ourselves. Isn't it true that we are affected by the food we eat? Headaches, stomach pains, heartburn, weight gain, allergies - aren't we aware when we shouldn't have indulged but did? Why do we do this, over and over, ignoring the truth of what we have been taught? I write this as one who is utterly perplexed by her stubborn determination to dismiss the warnings and choose poorly. I have lied to myself that a little won't hurt - my body bears evidence that it has affected me terribly.
Even more importantly, aren't we what we eat of God's spiritual food? If we don't partake of God's Word regularly and choose instead "fillers" with no real spiritual nutrition, then we will be affected, not strong and robust as we ought to be. I write this as one who is really experiencing how necessary good food is to robust health. My good intentions have not produced the fruit of faithfully taking in God's Word, and I see the results in my life. As I choose to fill up on healthy foods to restore myself physically, I commit myself even more to partake of the Bible. The result of doing that faithfully will produce eternal fruit that could change the world for the glory of God!

No comments: