Please note: All images on this blog (except where noted) are original works of Miki Baxter and cannot be duplicated without permission. Also, if you're inspired by a project featured on here, then please link back to me and give proper credit. Thank you!!!

3.13.2009

A Few of My Favorite Things

Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens... Is it just me or does the list from the song "Favorite Things" puzzle you too? I remember singing it for a choral performance in elementary school and thinking how strange some of the choices were. Wild geese that fly with the moon on their wings? And what is schnitzel with noodles? Not to offend my Austrian and German friends - I'm sure it's delicious! Now, a steaming bowl of soba (buckwheat) noodles with fishcakes and vegetables, I understand....yummm. It's a cultural thing, and one must adapt the song to your own personal experience and taste. So here is a list of a few of my favorite things:
1. Fluffy, cotton comforters to curl up in on cool evenings
2. Oversized purses and bags
3. A large, steaming cup of strong coffee or latte any time of the day
4. An uninterrupted soak in a hot bath
5. A pile of new books to read from the library
6. Crispy mornings in the Fall and Winter, especially around the holidays
7. Tea parties
8. Poking about a cluttered antique store for unexpected treasures
9. Crunchy Japanese rice crackers
10. Going fruit picking
Certainly there are more, but this was a spontaneous post. And it's late, and one of my favorite things is waiting for me to curl up in it and go to sleep. I bid you adieu, adieu, adieu. Until next time!

No comments: