Please note: All images on this blog (except where noted) are original works of Miki Baxter and cannot be duplicated without permission. Also, if you're inspired by a project featured on here, then please link back to me and give proper credit. Thank you!!!

11.03.2008

Turn Your Eyes...

A reassuring refrain from a favorite song:
Turn your eyes upon Jesus,
Look full in His wonderful face,
And the things of earth will grow strangely dim,
In the light of His glory and grace
I especially love the part about the things of earth will grow strangely dim, in the light of His glory and grace. In about 30 minutes, it will be Election Day and the whole world will be loudly buzzing about the numbers and voters and finally the results. But God is peaceably and ever so strongly still sitting on His marvelous throne, unshaken, unchanged and the source of all strength and truth.

Towards the end of high school, I was quite passionate about politics and strongly considered studying it in college. But my life took a different course. It's not difficult for me to get totally wrapped up in a cause, to throw myself into it wholeheartedly, to live, breath and dream something. As I've grown older, I have found myself engaging in that kind of behavior less and less, not because I am no longer passionate about things, but because there are few things really worth throwing the whole of myself into. This is my conviction.

I have observed both campaigns throughout this process, read numerous articles, and watched the debates. And I will vote from my heart on Tuesday. I will put my trust in the Lord no matter what happens tomorrow and endeavor to keep my heart peaceful. I will pray for our leaders and entrust them into God's hands. God bless America.

No comments: