Please note: All images on this blog (except where noted) are original works of Miki Baxter and cannot be duplicated without permission. Also, if you're inspired by a project featured on here, then please link back to me and give proper credit. Thank you!!!

5.05.2010

How's Your Race Going?

This photo of my boy always brings a smile to my face.  It was taken a few years ago, at a Halloween Carnival at our church in Georgia. 

The checkered flags as well as something a guest speaker said at church last week about a vision for my life have me pondering my purpose, my life journey, my race.  

"...and let us run with patient endurance and steady and active persistence the appointed course of the race that is set before us."                      
Hebrews 12:1
 
The roles of my life (wife, mother, daughter, sister, etc.) require a vision for me to fulfill God's best in these areas.  But beyond those, what has God placed in my heart?  As the speaker shared about vision and picking up,/dusting off any that we may have placed on a shelf in the back closet of our lives, I immediately thought of something I felt that God had spoken to me years ago.  I'd spent some time thinking about it before we moved from Maryland, and I made a discovery then.  Though I'm not ready to share specifics, each move has made the vision more difficult for me to fulfill in my own strength.  I totally need God's help to fulfill this vision now more than ever...due partly to geography, age, the current state of things vs. what fulfilling the vision requires.  Like Abraham having a son in his old age or Joseph's dream that his brothers mocked, a God-given vision needs GOD to bring it to pass.  My part is to walk with Him with my eyes on His Word and His promises and not the circumstances.  

It's not something I would have come up with for my life, but the seeds were planted even in my childhood.  Even in my name.  It involves the area in my life that has been the most difficult, the most attacked.  And I declare that God will be glorified in this area, that there will be victory and the fulfillment of God's plan.  He's the One with the plan, and I just need to follow Him.  Have Your way God!  As the Word declares, You are the Potter, Artist Extraordinaire!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful, heartfelt post!