Please note: All images on this blog (except where noted) are original works of Miki Baxter and cannot be duplicated without permission. Also, if you're inspired by a project featured on here, then please link back to me and give proper credit. Thank you!!!

5.01.2009

Photo Fridays

Since my blog is so eclectic in subject matter, I've decided to streamline it a little by designating Fridays as "Photo Fridays." I'll share photographs weekly that I've taken that really inspired me or captured a special moment. Enjoy! My grandmother was a wonderful artist, and one of my fondest memories is sitting with her as she painted a landscape. She handed me her paintbrush and let me dab on some flowers - it was a magical moment as she brought me into her world. When she died, I took the little bit of inheritance money and invested in a camera to continue her artistic legacy. These are the first series of photographs I took with that camera, and they remain my favorites even after five years. Black and white photographs have such a simple yet profound purity about them. This is my son Barnabas before his first birthday. Standing in front of french doors, his face reflects the natural light streaming in from a large window. I love natural light and unguarded moments! Princess Mireille, three years old, is an interesting paradox - the big bow, wildly curly hair and fancy dress with such a solemn expression. She has her back to a window which highlights her curls, and the window on her side illuminates half her face. Aren't my kids adorable?!? With their vibrant personalities and expressive hearts, they have been a continuous source of inspiration.

No comments: